In one of the adds on DA the following product/website was announced:Learn To Draw The Human Figure
Drawing The Human Figure From Your Mind Complete Training Course
Following some remarks and thoughts from my side:
- The website promotes a very large collection of video tutorials done with much care and by somebody with great experience in the field.
- The explanations are very detailed, and show step by step what should be done.
- The course focuses on "ideallistic human proportions" only. The natural diversity (and imperfection) is missing.
- The course focuses on "constructing" the human body rather than to learn by observing nature as well.
- The course focuses primarily on technical skills: Of course these can be learned. But most people forget, that THIS NOT ENOUGH. The notion of focusing only on technical aspects is very limited.
FOOTNOTE ABOUT ART TEACHING
I'll try to reach artists not through my own artwork, but hopefully through advanced, reflected and constructive commenting. As an Art Teacher I have my own agenda, of course. The following should provide some insights on it:
(1) Technical (skill) mastery does not guarantee "good" art.
(2) Therefore not only technical skills should be critizised but the whole work and it's consistency and credibility.
Because of diverse duties in everydays life and job there can be downtimes, meaning longer waiting periods for answers and so on. Still I'm trying too keep up my work here on DA, because so far everything works fine and the effort is appreciated (what I'm very glad about)!